Karl is an associate in the firm's Business Law Group. He is developing a diverse corporate/commercial practice focusing on mergers, acquisitions, reorganization & restructuring, financings and other corporate/commercial matters.
Karl is a graduate of the University of Alberta Faculty of Law. Prior to law school, Karl graduated with a Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting. In his spare time, Karl enjoys travelling, the outdoors, keeping active, and experiencing new restaurants and festivals around the city.
Before joining Foglers as an associate, Karl summered and articled with the firm.
APRIL 09 2020
Canada's COVID-19 Economic Response Plan: How Can Your Business Benefit?
The Government of Canada is showing support for Canadian businesses that may be experiencing difficulties due to the worldwide COVID-19 pandemic.
The government's response plan is fluid, as the Canadian economy continues to adjust to these turbulent times. It is important to stay updated daily, to see if your business can benefit. Key areas of support, the latest details of which are set out in the article, include access to credit, retaining employees and key personnel, providing market stability and granting flexibility:
- Called to the Ontario Bar, 2019
- University of Alberta, JD, 2018
- University of Alberta, Accounting (Major) Finance (Minor), 2014
Awards & Recognition
- Dean's List – Undergraduate
- Jason Lang Scholarship
- Organized a fundraiser for Ronald McDonald House. Raffled off items donated from local businesses.
- Volunteered for Student Legal Services, providing free local services to low income individuals.
- Volunteer for Ryerson Legal Clinic, providing pro-bono legal services to start-up ventures in need of financial assistance.