Prior to joining Foglers, John was the founder of the firm Two Row Law on the Mississaugas of Scugog Island First Nation, where we still maintain an office. John is an experienced litigator, known for his innovative approach to problem-solving and his ability to identify the best solutions to resolve even the toughest disputes. John practices dispute resolution for his Indigenous clients as well as in the realm of commercial, environmental and professional negligence litigation.
John appears before all levels of court and various administrative tribunals on motions, trials, applications and appeals. He provides counsel to First Nations, Indigenous organizations, individuals, charities and corporations in a range of matters including litigation, negotiation, consultation, land claims, government relations, economic development, agreements, contracts, policies, community governance and Reserve management. John is Kanyen’kehà:ka, a member of the Mohawks of the Bay of Quinte (Tyendinaga). He is also a member of the Indigenous Bar Association, past executive of the CBA and OBA Aboriginal law sections, an experienced Director, a law school instructor and a frequent speaker at Aboriginal law conferences and workshops across Canada. John has been recognized as a leading lawyer in Aboriginal Law in the Best Lawyers in Canada legal directory.
AUGUST 21 2019
19 Fogler Rubinoff Partners Ranked in The Best Lawyers™ in Canada
Fogler Rubinoff is pleased to announce that the following 19 lawyers were selected by their peers for inclusion in the 2020 edition of The Best Lawyers in Canada.
- Don Bourgeois – Gaming Law
- Steven Cygelfarb - Real Estate Law, Commercial Leasing Law
- Milton A. Davis - Legal Malpractice Law
- Albert Engel - Environmental Law
- Michael B. Fraleigh - Health Care Law, Medical Negligence
- Jeffrey B. Goldenberg - Real Estate Law
- Bill Hearn - Advertising and Marketing Law
- Eric N. Hoffstein – Trust and Estates
- Ian N. Kady - Real Estate Law
- Gary Kissack - Aboriginal Law
- Ross MacDougall – Construction Law
- Martin L. Middlestadt - Real Estate Law
- Kenneth W. Movat - Construction Law
- Young Park – Corporate and Commercial Litigation
- Karen Rosen - Energy Law
- John Rowinski – Aboriginal Law
- Howard Rubinoff – Banking and Finance Law
- Colleen Spring Zimmerman - Intellectual Property Law
- Mary Wahbi – Trusts and Estates
Best Lawyers compiles its lists of outstanding lawyers by conducting peer-review surveys in which thousands of leading lawyers confidentially evaluate their professional peers.
Queen’s University, LL.B. 2000
Queen’s University, B.A Hons. (Philosophy)
- Indigenous Bar Association
- Past Executive member of Canadian Bar Association and Ontario Bar Association Aboriginal Law Sections 2004-2010 (OBA Section Chair 2006-2008)
- Member and past Director of Durham Region Law Association
Recognized as a leading lawyer in The Best Lawyers™ in Canada: Aboriginal Law
Director, Rouge Valley Health System Board of Directors, 2012-13