Fogler, Rubinoff is a mid-sized business law firm with approximately 240 support staff and lawyers. Our firm successfully balances high standards of professionalism with a congenial, flexible work environment for our staff and lawyers. We are committed to delivering responsive, quality service, advice and technical expertise and seek support staff that strive for excellence, are committed to client service and enjoy working as part of a team.
Fogler, Rubinoff offers a competitive compensation and benefits program including health & dental, life insurance, LTD and AD&D coverage.
Fogler, Rubinoff LLP is committed to a diverse workplace and welcomes applications from all qualified women and men, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. We are a proud member of the Law Firm Diversity and Inclusion Network.
Consider achieving your career goals with us: email@example.com.
All resumes are reviewed and maintained for six months. Should we require more information, and/or need to arrange for an interview, we will contact you. Please, no inquiries. Thank you for your interest in Fogler, Rubinoff LLP.
Interested Candidates are invited to forward a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fogler, Rubinoff LLP is currently recruiting for the following position(s):
Corporate Law Clerk
The duties and responsibilities of the Corporate Law Clerk include:
· Preparation of the following documents:
Articles of Incorporation/Organization (including share provisions), Amalgamations, Amendments, Revivals, Dissolutions, Continuances, Extra Provincial Registrations
· Review and update minute books to rectify deficiencies
· Draft agreements and provide supporting documents relating to corporate and tax reorganizations
· Participate in departmental projects that focus on corporate software upgrades
· Law Clerk Diploma from a recognized post-secondary program or Certificate from ILCO
· Minimum of 5+ years' relevant experience
· Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to work within a team environment and independently
· Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure while meeting multiple deadlines
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office, CorpLink and Fast CompanySoftware
We have an immediate opening for a professional and energetic HR Coordinator to join the Management Team. The HR Coordinator is responsible for providing excellent and timely customer service to firm members and supporting the management group. The successful candidate is a self-starter, can work independently and effectively as part of a team, and has exceptional interpersonal skills. This position reports to the HR Manager.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinates the full recruitment process including: draft, revise and post jobs, conduct applicant telephone screenings, conduct interviews, coordinate applicant testing, obtain employment references, and keep internal applicant database current
- Coordinates the employee onboarding process including: communication to all administrative departments, internal announcements, policy overview, payroll setup, health and safety training orientation, coordinate setup of training modules for AODA and Violence & Harassment Prevention, assign mentors, etc.
- Liaises with legal assistants and lawyers to ensure short-term staffing needs are met and on a daily basis as required to ensure proper coverage and work flow allocation
- Maintains staff vacation records and completes semi-annual vacation reconciliations
- Collaborates and give direction to administrative departments and/or staff with respect to firm procedures and processes
- Assists with employee relations management
- Assists in processing lawyer and support team payrolls through Dayforce
- Coordinates staff performance reviews utilizing viDesktop including: performance and compensation review schedules, revisions to evaluation forms, review performance review feedback with employees when required, schedule training as required
- Assists with the review and implementation of firm policies and procedures
- Maintains the office policy manual
- Organizes and facilitate staff events
- Updates and maintains all personnel files and databases
- Assists in the administration and payment of the group benefits plan
- Participates as a member of the Occupational Health & Safety Committee and assist the firm in meeting its obligations as determined by the legislation
- Provides back up and support to the Facilities Coordinator with respect to management of the firm's premises and contents
- Responds to ad-hoc employee requests in a timely and confidential manner
- Involved in all aspects of attendance management including: working with departments to assess specific attendance issues, identify potential problems, and accurate attendance tracking
- Provides periodic administrative assistance to the Management Team
- Manages the enrolment process for Teraview and Commissioner applications
- Completes other duties as required or assigned.
- Human Resources Management degree or diploma from a recognized university or college
- CHRL/CHRP designation
- Minimum of 5 years' experience working in a human resources department and/or as part of a management team preferably in a law firm or professional services firm
- Knowledge of Employment Standards Act, Human Rights Code, Occupational Health & Safety Act and AODA
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and client service skills
- Conscientious with a strong attention to detail
- Proficient knowledge of Office 2013, Ceridian/Dayforce andBenefits Administration Portals
- Able to work efficiently as part of a team as well as independently.
- A professional demeanor and strong ability to prioritize tasks.