Fogler, Rubinoff is a mid-sized business law firm with approximately 240 support staff and lawyers. Our firm successfully balances high standards of professionalism with a congenial, flexible work environment for our staff and lawyers. We are committed to delivering responsive, quality service, advice and technical expertise and seek support staff that strive for excellence, are committed to client service and enjoy working as part of a team.
Fogler, Rubinoff offers a competitive compensation and benefits program including health & dental, life insurance, LTD and AD&D coverage.
Fogler, Rubinoff LLP is committed to a diverse workplace and welcomes applications from all qualified women and men, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. We are a proud member of the Law Firm Diversity and Inclusion Network.
Consider achieving your career goals with us: email@example.com.
All resumes are reviewed and maintained for six months. Should we require more information, and/or need to arrange for an interview, we will contact you. Please, no inquiries. Thank you for your interest in Fogler, Rubinoff LLP.
Interested Candidates are invited to forward a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fogler, Rubinoff LLP is currently recruiting for the following position(s):
Records & Supply Clerk
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- File openings and analyzing and interpreting database findings on new clients, file closings
- Retrieval of files
- Prepare Closing Reports
- Conducting conflict searches: maintaining and updating conflict information database, files, organizing and maintaining conflict reports and related correspondence.
- Ensuring all supply orders are in good order; pricing reviews/validation, competitive shopping
- Order of stationery and Business Cards
- Prepare new employees' workspace by ensuring basic supplies are readily available
Assist Accounting with miscellaneous tasks:
- Client/mattermaintenance(settingup,changing matter names/client names, correcting address/contacts/lawyers/control, setting up bill groups/payors)
- Determine & ensure verification documents on file, if required
- Accountable for distributing weekly new files open reports and monthly new clients open reports as required.
- Law firm experience an asset
- Experience in ordering office supplies
- Experience with excel, word, databases, law firm accounting applications (Aderant)
- Excellent interpersonal, client service skills, attention to detail
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs
- Work under minimum supervision
Primary Activities and Representatives Tasks
General Administration – 65%
- Prepare confidential correspondence, reports, etc., for the GM and partners as required
- Originate and expedite the flow of work through the GM’s office, including initiating follow-up actions as required
- Assist the management team in its paper light initiative and filing
- Create surveys for the firm
- Maintain Lawyer Reference Manual
- Assist with onboarding tasks for new lawyers of the firm including letters to LSO and LawPro
- Maintain lawyer personnel files and database
- Create electronic evaluations for lawyers
- Assist the Director of Professional Development and GM with the law student program
- Process Commissioner & Notary Public Applications
- Assist with administration of law school awards
- Assist the Director of Research with the administration of the firm's CPD program
- Maintain various lawyer memberships ie. LSO, CBA/OBA, ZipCar
- Assist in completion of departing lawyer administrative tasks
- Other duties as assigned.
Marketing – 35%
- Provide general administrative support to the MM
- Develop an understanding of marketing technologies and social media platforms
- Manage firm calendar of sponsorships and hosted events including execution of deliverables
- Assist in drafting and submission of firm advertising
- Assist in continuous updating of firm website, lawyer bios, practice descriptions, and promotional materials
- Assist in first level drafting of responses to RFPs
- Assist in the maintenance of the firm’s inventory of branded promotional items
- Schedule new lawyer photos with photographer
- Support the MM in the planning and execution of client facing and firm events and sponsorships
- Flexible schedule to assist in the staffing of after hours events
- Must commit to developing a thorough understanding of the firm’s practice areas, practice-specific marketing materials, lawyer expertise, and legal industry and business trends
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3-5+ years' experience in an administrative support role, preferably in a law firm
- Completion of degree or diploma office administration program including courses in general administration, marketing, facilities management, and technology
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, ViDesktop, ContactEase or similar CRM, SurveyMonkey, social media platforms, Adobe Photoshop, Indesign and PDF
- Knowledge of Aderant is an asset
- Exercises initiative and judgment to relieve GM and MM of administrative detail
- Familiar with administrative requirements of a law firm
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Customer service orientated
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work with and identify confidential information
- Can work independently and as part of team
- A professional demeanor and ability to juggle multiple priorities in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Reports to GM
- Works according to standardized procedures and general work direction
- Meets deadlines assigned by GM and MM.