Tammy Anklewicz has been practicing in the fields of estates, trusts and charities law for over 20 years. She advises clients in the estate and succession planning context drafting wills, trusts, powers of attorney and other related documents. She also prepares domestic contracts. She has a particular interest in both incapacity and elder law. Tammy also assists her clients to give effect to their philanthropic intent, whether through creating private charitable foundations or structuring gifts to existing charities.
In the trust and estate administration areas, Tammy advises executors and trustees in matters ranging from applications for certificates of appointment, fiduciary obligations, passings of accounts and contested trust and estate matters.
Tammy is active in the Estates and Trusts bar and is a member of the Canadian Bar Association, the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP), the Canadian Tax Foundation and Estate Planning Council, Toronto. She has been recognized, as well, as the 2013 recipient of the Professional Advisory Committee Award of Excellence by the Jewish Foundation of Greater Toronto.
MARCH 19 2015
FR Dollars and Sense
JUNE 05 2013
Tammy Anklewicz Receives PAC Award of Excellence
Tammy Anklewicz is the recipient of the Jewish Foundation of Greater Toronto's 2013 PAC Award of Excellence.
- "Framing a Legacy: Cultivating an Art Collection and Planning for Future Generations", October 20, 2016
- “It’s a Matter of Trust! The Changing Landscape of Trust Planning”, Jewish Foundation Professional Advisory Committee, Seminar, November 18, 2014
- Guest Lecturer - Incapacity Planning, Department of Occupational Science and Occupational Therapy, 2011-2013
- Guest Lecturer - Taxation of Trusts and Estates, Faculty of Law at Queen's University, 2009-2011
- Canadian Tax Foundation, Member
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association - Estates and Trusts and Charities Sections
- International Association of Jewish Lawyers
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners
- Estate Planning Council, Toronto
- Mount Sinai Hospital Foundation of Toronto, Governor
- Israel Cancer Research Fund, Toronto, Director and Executive Committee Member
Awards & Distinctions
- Recipient of the 2013 PAC Award of Excellence, Jewish Foundation of Greater Toronto
- Admitted to Ontario Bar, 1989
- Osgoode Hall Law School, J.D., 1987
- University of Toronto, B.Sc., 1984,
- Jewish Foundation of Greater Toronto's Professional Advisory Committee (PAC), Past President and Current Member