Rudy is a partner in our Toronto office practicing in the areas of business and technology law.
Rudy's business law practice focuses on mergers & acquisitions, corporate commercial, joint ventures and financing transactions.
Rudy's technology law practice focuses on corporate and commercial services and transactions for the development, exploitation, commercialization, financing, acquisition, transfer and licensing of technologies and related businesses in the information technology and e-commerce, manufacturing, cleantech, energy and life sciences industries. He also assists clients with early stage financing activities, developing collaboration, co-development, testing, engineering services, joint venture, intellectual property rights, manufacturing, procurement and supply, research, cloud computing, royalty and outsourcing agreements, IP audits and IP business strategies, research and experimental development tax credits, technology-based grant programs, business plan development, outsourcing, cloud computing and e-commerce activities and tendering arrangements.
Rudy is a member of our Business Law Group, Technology Law Group, Intellectual Property, and Energy Law Group. Rudy is a licensed professional engineer in Ontario. Rudy was a partner at a large national law firm before joining Fogler, Rubinoff LLP. Prior to his career in law, Rudy had been employed with several multinational corporations in the pharmaceutical, chemical and related industries in various capacities including supervising manufacturing, technical services, product and market development, commercial management and marketing and business development management.
NOVEMBER 24 2015
Rudy Morrone Speaks on Hot Button Legal Issues for Engineers
Fogler Rubinoff LLP and CEO recently hosted a seminar to discuss Hot Button Legal Issues for Engineers. Kenneth Movat, Rudy Morrone and Andrea Marsland each discussed their area of legal expertise. Click the attached link to see Rudy's presentation.
- Intellectual Property – Securing, Protecting and Asset Management, Get Investment Ready, Keiretsu Central Canada Forum (May 2016)
- Shareholders' Agreements - General Considerations, Get Investment Ready, Keiretsu Central Canada Forum (May 2016)
- What Does an Entrepreneur Need to Know About the Law?, Co-Presenter, Startup Formation Roundup, Ted Rogers School of Management Ryerson University (Oct 25 2012)
- Innovations: Whether to Patent or maintain them as Trade Secrets or Confidential, Presenter, Foglers (June 23 2011)
- Licensing Agreements – Contractual Business Alliances for Commercializing Technologies, Presenter, Clean 15 Breakfast AM Session (Sept 21, 2010)
- YorkBiotech, Sanofi Pasteur Healthcare and Biotech Venture Challenge, Panelist (Oct 9, 2008)
- Cross Border Biotech Transactions, Moderator, Biofinance'08 (May 6, 2008)
- Risk Management in Research, Collaborative Projects and IP Protection, The Hospital for Sick Children (Apr 17, 2008)
- Commercializing Environmental Technologies, Co-Presenter, Webinar Series Gowlings/Thompson Hines (Mar 30, 2008)
- Top 3 Contracts Every Entrepreneur Needs to Have, Golden Horseshoe Bioscience Network (Nov 21, 2007)
- Technology Commercialization Workshop, Co-Presenter, YorkBiotech, (Oct 2007)
- Technology Alliances and Ventures, Presenter, Gowlings Seminar (March 27, 2007)
- Canadian Venture Capital and Private Equity
- Association for Corporate Growth (Toronto)
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Professional Engineers of Ontario
- Society of Professional Engineers of Ontario
- Life Sciences Ontario
- Licensing Executive Society
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Italian Chamber of Commerce
Awards & Distinctions
- Intellectual Asset Management (IAM) Ranking Licensing 250: The World's Leading 250 Patent and Technology Licensing Practitioners (2010 and 2011)
- University of Western Ontario, LL.B., 1997
- McMaster University, MBA, 1992
- University of Toronto Chemical Engineering, BASc., 1986
- University of Toronto, BSc., 1984
- Admitted to Ontario Bar, 1999
- Licensed Professional Engineer (Ontario), 1990
- Registered Trademark Agent