Rob Macdonald is a Partner in the firm's Litigation and Dispute Resolution Group. Rob maintains a general civil and commercial litigation practice with a focus on debtor and creditor disputes, mortgage litigation, bankruptcy and insolvency litigation, real estate disputes and insurance litigation.
Rob has acted for individuals and corporations, including banks, financial lenders, developers, and energy companies in a variety of matters including shareholder and partnership disputes, oppression remedy proceedings, insurance coverage disputes, negligence claims, injunctive proceedings, contractual disputes and a variety of debtor-creditor disputes. Rob has appeared at every level of the Court in Ontario, including the Court of Appeal for Ontario, and various administrative tribunals.
Rob completed his undergraduate studies at McGill University before attending the University of New Brunswick for law school.
Prior to joining Fogler, Rubinoff in 2014, Rob articled and practiced with a commercial litigation firm in Toronto. Rob was admitted to the bar in Ontario in 2011.
MARCH 08 2017
Court of Appeal for Ontario Clarifies the Authority to Order Non-Party Costs
On March 3, 2017, the Court of Appeal for Ontario released its decision in 1318847 Ontario Limited v. Laval Tools & Mould Ltd., 2017 ONCA 184.
OCTOBER 16 2014
Best Procedures for Borrowers Objecting to Mortgage Amounts
Practice Gems: Mortgage Enforcement Essentials: Best Procedures for Borrowers Objecting to Mortgage Amounts
- Koundouros v. Koundouros, 2017 ONSC 1390
- Mountain View Hospitality LP v The Lodge at Kananaskis Limited Partnership, 2017 ONSC 109
- Mcdonald v. Menicucci, 2017 ONSC 291
- 1623242 Ontario Inc. v. Great Lakes Copper Inc., 2016 ONSC 1002
- Emmott v. Your Community Realty Inc., 2016 ONSC 7446
- Tsigirlash v. Walker, 2016 ONSC 968
- In-Store Products Limited v. Zuker, Torstar et al., 2015 ONSC 6215
- 3072453 Nova Scotia Company v. 1623242 Ontario Inc., 2015 ONSC 2105
- In the Matter of the Proposal of Casimir Capital, 2015 ONSC 2819
- Hazelton Lanes Inc. v. 1707590 Ontario Limited, 2014 ONCA 793
- Andrews v. Ballantry Homes, 2014 ONSC 5238
- In-Store Products Limited v. Zuker, 2013 ONSC 7091
- 1159607 Ontario Inc. v. Country Style Food Services Inc., 2013 ONCA 589
- McCarthy Tétrault LLP v. Guberman, 2012 ONCA 679
- Vera Gacanin v. David Macedo, 2012 ONCA 246
- Top Cases in Commercial Litigation, The Advocates’ Society, March 1, 2017
- Practice Gems: Mortgage Enforcement Essentials, Law Society of Upper Canada, September 2014 and 2016
- Ontario Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Advocates Society
- University of New Brunswick, LLB, 2010
- McGill University, BA, 2005