Nina is a partner in the firm's Commercial Litigation Group. Nina was admitted to the Ontario Bar in 1987 and has practiced in the area of corporate commercial litigation and administrative and regulatory law. Nina's practice is concentrated on complex litigation matters and she has appeared before various levels of the Ontario Court of Justice and the Court of Appeal as well as various administrative boards and tribunals.
Within her practice area, Nina has acted as counsel in matters involving shareholders' rights and remedies and has worked extensively on litigation matters involving issues related to the Ontario Business Corporations Act and the Canada Business Corporations Act. Nina has also acted as counsel in wrongful dismissal litigation, real estate litigation, accountants' negligence claims and estate litigation. Nina also has experience in Health Law and has acted for members of the medical profession.
Nina is actively involved in volunteer work and is currently the Chair of Villa Charities, a not-for-profit organization. Nina has been involved with Villa Charities since 1989. In addition to her volunteer work, Nina is also involved in a variety of pro bono legal work, including acting as a supervisor of the University of Toronto Moots. Nina is actively involved in the firm's mentoring program and is currently a member of Fogler Rubinoff's Executive Committee.
JANUARY 11 2017
All in the Family - Using the Oppression Remedy to Resolve Family Business Disputes published in the Annual Review of Civil Litigation 2016
Nina Perfetto and Bonnie Fish co-authored "All in the Family - Using the Oppression Remedy to Resolve Family Business Disputes" published in the Annual Review of Civil Litigation 2016.
Regularly cited by appellate courts across Canada including the Supreme Court of Canada, the Annual Review of Civil Litigation has been providing leading edge coverage of the issues that matter to you for more than 10 years.
Each article in the 2016 Edition is designed to help you understand how new developments in Canadian law will affect your practice. Topics were carefully chosen and written by authors from across Canada. The Annual Review of Civil Litigation 2016 has a truly national flavour, relevant and appealing to litigators in every province and territory.
JUNE 29 2016
Fogler Rubinoff Partners, Nina Perfetto and Albert Engel were successful before the Ontario Provincial Offences Court in R. v. Coco Paving Inc.
Nina Perfetto and Albert Engel, successfully acted for Coco Paving Inc. in its defence before the Ontario Provincial Offences Court involving an Environmental Protection Act charge laid by the Ministry of Environment and Climate Change (MOECC) in response to a gas line that was struck by a CPI employee.
This was the first case in which an Ontario trial court has had the opportunity to consider a defendant’s evidence of due diligence in a MOECC prosecution resulting from a gas line strike. Read our perspective on the matter and what it means for contractors involved with excavations in the vicinity of underground utilities.
Aquafor Beech Limited v Calder Engineering Ltd., et al.
2010, Lead Counsel, Aquafor Beech Limited v Calder Engineering Ltd., et al. This case dealt with the duty of fiduciaries when departing a company to commence a business in the same industry.
Orenstein & Partners, et al ats Dr. Bernard Sherman
2004, Lead Counsel, Orenstein & Partners, et al ats Dr. Bernard Sherman. This was a case brought against accounting professionals who were sued for negligence on the basis of a lack of grave concern note on the financial statements in a review engagement.
Inno-Vite Incorporated v David Rowland, et al.
2003, Lead Counsel, Inno-Vite Incorporated v David Rowland, et al. This case dealt with the notice period required for the termination of an exclusive distribution agreement in the absence of a written agreement.
- All in the Family - Using the Oppression Remedy to Resolve Family Business Disputes" published in Carswell's Annual Review of Civil Litigation 2016.
- Confidentiality and Relocating Records, 2001, Niagara Falls & Kitchener Ontario Occupational Health Nurses' Association Annual Conference
- Facilitating Relationships Between Management, 2001, Honeywell Canada, Seminar to Occupational Health Nurses and Workers
- The Standard for the Therapeutic Nurse-Client Relationship, 2000, Ontario Occupational Health Nurses' Association Annual Conference
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Medico-Legal Society of Toronto
- Advocates' Society
- St. Michael's College School, Board of Directors, 2015
- Villa Charities Inc., Chair, 2012-2015
- Executive Committee of the Board of Governors for Villa Charities, Chair, 2012
- Villa Charities Foundation, Governor, 2012
- York Region Children's Aid Society, Board of Directors, 1999
- Canadian Italian Advocates Organization, Board Member
- Italian Canadian Charitable Foundation, Board of Governors
Awards & Distinctions
- Registered Notary Public with the Italian Consulate in Toronto, 2012
- University of Windsor, LL.B., 1985
- University of Toronto, Honours B.A. Economics, 1982
- Admitted to Ontario Bar, 1987