Karen practises in the firm's Business Law Group. A significant portion of her practice is devoted to corporate and commercial lending. She works in close partnership with her clients advising on all aspects of commercial/corporate finance, including syndicated lending, subordinate/mezzanine financing, asset-based lending and aircraft financing.
Karen is highly regarded for her business minded approach and has significant expertise in advising clients on mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, private equity investments, corporate structuring and restructuring, commercial agreements, corporate reorganizations, shareholder matters and aircraft acquisitions and sales. Public and private companies and financial institutions call upon Karen for her ability to structure innovative financing solutions, both Canadian and cross-border.She regularly acts for lenders and borrowers and provides advice across industries, including, solar energy, food & beverage processing, aviation, e-commerce, natural health products, garment manufacturing and distribution and telecommunications.
Karen represents the firm at the Toronto Opinions Group. She also sits on the firm's Associates Committee and Conflicts Committee and has been active throughout her years at Foglers in all aspects of the firm, including its branding and marketing initiatives, its student program, and its continuing professional development program.
- Banking and Financial Services
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Commercial
- Insolvency and Restructuring
- Asset Based Lending
- Mezzanine Financing
- Real Estate Financing
- Senior Debt Financing
- Equity and Debt Finance
- Acquisitions & Dispositions
- Energy Financing
- Corporate Reorganizations and Transactions
May 2018, Presenter, “Negotiating and Issuing Transaction Opinions” at the OBA's Secured Transaction Essentials for Business Lawyers program.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Upper Canada
Director and Vice-President, Paul Penna Downtown Jewish Day School - 2013 to present
Awards & Distinctions
- Ivan Cleveland Rand Scholarship, Osgoode Hall Law School
- LL.M. Programme in Constitutional Law and Charter Class of 1990 Award, Osgoode Hall Law School
- Cassels, Brock & Blackwell Centennial Prize in Constitutional Law, Osgoode Hall Law School
- Clifton H. Lane Memorial Prize Property Law II, Osgoode Hall Law School
- Academic Excellence Award, University of Western Ontario
- Dean's Honor List, University of Western Ontario
- Admitted to Ontario Bar, 1998
Osgoode Hall Law School
- University of Western Ontario
B.A., Philosophy and Political Science, 1994
- Hebrew University, Israel, Overseas Study Program, 1993