Eugene has over 20 years of patent, industrial design, trademark and copyright prosecution, litigation and licensing experience in wide range of industries. He has appeared before the Supreme Court of Canada, and is registered to practice as a patent and trademark agent before the Canadian Intellectual Property Office, the Canadian PCT Office and the United States Patent and Trademark Office. As well, Eugene advises on patent infringement and validity matters, conducts patent due diligence for corporate transactions and carries out patent portfolio assessments.
Eugene is Past Co-Chair of the Patent & Industrial Design Committee of the Canadian Bar Association.
DECEMBER 20 2016
Key Developments in Environmental Law 2016
Edited by Stanley Berger, Key Developments in Environmental Law 2016 provides expert insight into the landmark environmental law issues of the past year. The publication is an insightful collection of articles and includes: Federal Environmental Assessment Law: Two Nuclear Projects Clarify the Decision Makers’ Discretion, by Stanley Berger and Patents in Environmental Technology, by Eugene F. Derényi.
MAY 10 2013
- Intellectual Property Law of Canada, 2010, co-author, patent chapter, Juris Publishing
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- American Bar Association/Intellectual Property Section
- Barrister & Solicitor
- Patent and Trademark Agent
- November 2016 - "IT/Technology Agreements - Key IP Issues and Provisions", Intellectual Property Institute of Canada webinar.
- May 2016 - "Intellectual Property – Securing, Protecting and Asset Management", Get Investment Ready, Keiretsu Central Canada Forum.