Eric practices corporate and commercial litigation and dispute resolution with a special focus on trust, estate and charity/not-for-profit law. Eric also has extensive experience in construction litigation and real property disputes. Eric has appeared as counsel at all levels of Ontario courts and at the Supreme Court of Canada.
Eric regularly appears before the Toronto Estates List. His broad experience in trust and estate disputes includes passing of accounts, will challenges, guardianships, dependant relief applications, interpretations, variations, rectifications, and related proceedings.
Eric's experience in construction, real property and commercial leasing disputes includes construction lien and trust claims, professional negligence, product liability, mining, land rights, boundary and mortgage enforcement proceedings.
As a corporate commercial litigator, Eric has helped clients with fraud investigation and recovery, shareholder disputes, oppression remedies, debt collection, foreign judgement enforcement and risk management advice for private companies.
OCTOBER 11 2018
Eric Hoffstein will be presenting at the LSO's Annual Estates & Trusts Summit.
Eric Hoffstein will be presenting on Will Interpretation Issues for Solicitors at the LSO's flagship Estates and Trusts Summit.
Trust and Estate Practitioner (TEP)
Called to the Ontario Bar, 2001
University of Windsor, LL.B. 1999
McGill University, Bachelor of Science, 1996
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) – Canada
- Estate Planning Council of Toronto
- Canadian Association of Gift Planners
- The Advocates' Society
- OBA, Trusts & Estates Law Section
- Ontario Trial Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- Canadian Owners and Pilots Association
- Recognized as a leading lawyer in The Best Lawyers™ in Canada: Trusts and Estates
- Repeatedly Recommended as a Leading Practitioner in the Canadian Lexpert® Directory:Estate & Personal Tax Planning - Estate Litigation
Ontario Bar Association Trusts & Estates Law Section, former Executive Committee member