Dan provides advice to banks, credit unions and other financial institutions on all aspects of banking, lending and financial services law including loan and security documentation, restructuring and insolvency. Areas of practice include commercial lending, asset based lending, structured finance, technology, leasing, and real estate development. Dan also acts for corporations with respect to their commercial transactions, public and private financing, and mergers and acquisitions. He regularly participates as a speaker, author and organizer at banking and creditor seminars for various institutions and professional organizations. Dan is also a founder and developer of an internet based document assembly and management program for use by law firms and financial institutions.
JUNE 12 2018
Congratulations to Dan Hirsh on his recent OBA Section Executive Appointment
Congratulations to Dan Hirsh on his recent appointment to the OBA’s 2018-2019 Business Law Section Executive as a Member-at-Large.
JUNE 23 2015
Environmental Liability for Secured Creditors in Ontario
- Banking and Financial Services
- Asset Based Lending
- Mezzanine Financing
- Senior Debt Financing
- Commercial Real Estate
- Acquisitions & Dispositions
- Real Estate Financing
- Corporate Commercial
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Insolvency and Restructuring
- Asset Acquisition and Divestiture
- Asset Realization
- Creditor's and Debtor's Rights
- Debtor-in-Possession Financing
- Commercial Agreements
- Corporate Reorganizations and Transactions
- Perfect Your PPSA Skills, Speaker, Toronto
Mr. Hirsh spoke on the topic of "Exceptions to the Rules: When First Come is not First Served" at this course.
- Conducting Effective Corporate Due Diligence
- "Debt Financing Arrangements: Corporate Due Diligence", Osgoode Hall Law School
A review and discussion of the steps to follow, and their relevance and importance, in the examination of the debt obligations and documentation as part of the due diligence to be conducted in respect of a target entity.
- "PPSA for Real Estate and Business Lawyers"
"The Pitfalls of Fixture Financing", The Law Society of Upper Canada
A consideration of the appropriate steps and rules to follow in connection the securing and perfecting of interests in goods that may become affixed to real property.
- Commercial Legal Drafting, York University
Osgoode Hall Law School Professional Development
An overview and hands-on workshop for lawyers in drafting commercial agreements and completing negotiations and transactions.
- Best Practices for Secured Transactions Involving Personalty and Realty, Osgoode Hall, Toronto, Ontario
- Ontario Bar Association, 2019-2020 CPD Liaison, Business Law Section Executive
- Scarboro Golf and Country Club
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Admitted to Ontario Bar, 1981
- York University, Accounting, M.B.A., 1979
- Osgoode Hall Law School, LL.B., 1979
- McGill University, Finance, B. Comm., 1975