Bonnie is the Director of Legal Research and Coordinator of the Fogler Rubinoff Continuing Professional Development Program. Her practice involves legal research in connection with civil proceedings before the Ontario Courts, the Supreme Court of Canada and administrative tribunals.
Bonnie is an Adjunct Professor at the Faculty of Law, University of Toronto teaching Advanced Legal Research, Analysis and Writing. She is the creator of Fish on Legal Research, a DVD which instructs students and lawyers about the fundamentals of legal research.
Bonnie has chaired and spoken at many conferences on legal research, lectured at the bar admission course, and was a member of the Advisory Board for Canada Law Book.
JANUARY 23 2018
Deloitte v. Livent: The Scope Of Auditor Negligence
In Deloitte & Touche v Livent Inc. (Receiver of) 2017 SCC 63 the Supreme Court of Canada revisited the scope of auditor liability for negligence...
JANUARY 11 2017
All in the Family - Using the Oppression Remedy to Resolve Family Business Disputes published in the Annual Review of Civil Litigation 2016
Nina Perfetto and Bonnie Fish co-authored "All in the Family - Using the Oppression Remedy to Resolve Family Business Disputes" published in the Annual Review of Civil Litigation 2016.
Regularly cited by appellate courts across Canada including the Supreme Court of Canada, the Annual Review of Civil Litigation has been providing leading edge coverage of the issues that matter to you for more than 10 years.
Each article in the 2016 Edition is designed to help you understand how new developments in Canadian law will affect your practice. Topics were carefully chosen and written by authors from across Canada. The Annual Review of Civil Litigation 2016 has a truly national flavour, relevant and appealing to litigators in every province and territory.
SEPTEMBER 19 2016
Bonnie Fish Looks to Make a Difference in Affordable Housing
Fogler Rubinoff Partner Bonnie Fish speaks with Law Times about her involvement over the last six years with the Kehilla Residential Programme and their annual Sukkahville event. To read the aritlce click here.
- All in the Family - Using the Oppression Remedy to Resolve Family Business Disputes" published in Carswell's Annual Review of Civil Litigation 2016.
- Pointing the Finger at Professionals: The Responsibility of Lawyers and Other Gatekeepers for Corporate Governance Failures, Corporate Governance and Securities Regulation in the 21st Century, Butterworths, 2004
- The Business Judgment Rule, Commercial Litigation, Corporate Lawyer Series (Federated Press), 2000
- Legal Research Lawyers Group, Toronto
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Canadian Association of Law Teachers
- Canadian Bar Association
- Admitted to Ontario Bar, 1984
- Osgoode Hall Law School, LL.M., 2003
- Oxford University, D.L.S., 1986
- Osgoode Hall Law School, LL.B., 1982
Chair, Event Committee, Sukkaville Toronto, 2013-2016
Board Member, Israel Cancer Research Foundation
Board Member, Kehilla Residential Program