The Insurance and Tort group is committed to addressing our clients' needs efficiently and effectively. In keeping with our client-centred approach, our lawyers prepare and outline strategies offering imaginative, creative and practical advice with a view to achieving an early and favourable resolution of disputes. If settlement is not possible, our experienced lawyers and sophisticated support facilities allow us to forcibly advocate on our clients' behalf throughout the litigation process, at a reasonable cost.
Our practice encompasses all aspects of insurance and tort litigation including:
- life and disability
- medical malpractice, hospital and nursing claims
- personal injury for plaintiffs and defendants
- property loss
- CGL coverage
- construction insurance
- directors and officers liability
- errors and omissions
- professional liability including accountants, engineers and architects, insurance brokers, stock brokers, and real estate brokers
- product liability
- bad faith and breach of fiduciary duty
- transportation related claims
To complement our claims litigation practice, our insurance and tort lawyers provide opinions on coverage and policy interpretation and represent clients in a wide variety of commercial and contractual disputes.