Our Employment and Labour group is committed to addressing our clients' needs efficiently and effectively. In keeping with our client-centred approach, our lawyers prepare and outline strategies offering imaginative, creative and practical advice with a view to achieving an early and favourable resolution of disputes. If settlement is not possible, our experienced lawyers and sophisticated support facilities allow us to forcibly advocate on our clients' behalf throughout the litigation process, at a reasonable cost.
To complement our employment litigation practice, our employment and labour lawyers provide opinions on various matters and represent clients in a wide variety of commercial and contractual disputes as well.
Our practice encompasses all aspects of employment litigation including:
- wrongful dismissal actions
- commencing injunctive proceedings and responding to injunctive proceedings
- negotiating and interpreting collective agreements
- collective bargaining and interest arbitration
- advising on bad faith bargaining complaints
- advising on de-certification applications
- strikes, lockouts, injunctions, picketing
- offering strategic advice during grievance process
- judicial review applications
- representing our clients before the Ontario Labour Relations Board
- harassment and discrimination
- workplace investigations
- representing our clients before the Ontario Human Rights Tribunal
- representing employers before regulatory authorities when there is a workplace accident or illness
- defending against orders or penal offences
- navigating the claims process.