We understand that litigation is bad for business. That's why our Corporate and Commercial Litigation team is experienced, aggressive and results oriented. Knowing our clients' business and their interests in any particular dispute has allowed us to manage and direct the dispute to the desired outcome. Our lawyers have successfully represented individuals, partnerships and corporations of all sizes in commercial disputes through appearances before all levels of courts and tribunals.
Our lawyers are also well versed with all modes of alternate dispute resolution including arbitrations and mediations. We spare no effort and overlook no detail when preparing a litigation strategy in consultation with our clients. To that end, we are able to provide creative and high quality advice to resolve disputes favourably, so our clients can do what they do best - carry on with running their businesses.
Cases in which our litigators are frequently involved include:
- shareholder and partnership disputes
- minority shareholders oppression actions and derivative actions
- directors' and officers' liability
- banking litigation including bills of exchange, letters of credit, guarantees and financial services
- non-competition agreement disputes
- wrongful interference with contractual relations and unfair competition claims
- other tort claims, including negligence, misrepresentation, fraud, concealment, conversion, defamation, trade libel or breach of confidence and breach of fiduciary duty
- product liability claims
- secured and unsecured debt collection actions
- enforcement of franchise agreements and other business contracts